Source: Rutgers Jewish Studies Online
The Bildner Center for the Study of Jewish Life of Rutgers University has been providing free online Jewish studies courses taught by Rutgers professors since 2006. The courses have been taken by students across the globe, in 47 countries on six continents and in 41 states across America. The non-credit online courses allow participants to learn at their own pace.
The courses are made up of online video lectures by Rutgers Jewish studies faculty each about an hour long. Faculty also participate in discussion boards, provide links to relevant websites, and make documents and PowerPoint presentations available for download.
The following courses are currently available:
- The Bible and History - Professor Gary A. Rendsburg
- Israeli Political System - Professor Yaacov Yadgar
- Introduction to Rabbinic Literature - Professor Azzan Yadin
- History of Zionism - Professor Roni Stauber
- Jews Under Islam - Professor Mark R. Cohen
- Jews and the Inquisition and
- Yiddish in America
For additional information and registration see the Rutgers Jewish Studies Online website.