Source: Responding to Crisis
In the summer of 2012, the Jewish Education Center of Cleveland asked one of its Hillel interns to organize its old response curricula, which had been developed over the years so that Jewish educators had access to the information on an as-needed basis. This website is the result of that work.
Here you will find:
- A section on how to help children respond to tragedy; it had been created over the years through conversations with professionals from different walks of life.
- Several sections offering avenues for response (through the Jewish tradition, through the spoken word, through the arts, etc.).
- A collection of Jewish texts that may be accessed for different situations.
- A section on "Israel: In Times of Crisis" - This section offers three ways for Jewish educators to help their students connect to Israel: with their heads – intellectually; with their hands – actively; with their hearts – emotionally.
- A collection of resources that complement the curriculum guide.