Source: Pardes Institute's Summer Curriculum Workshop
After 10 successful years in Israel, Pardes Institute is excited to offer the Summer Curriculum Workshop for Novice Teachers in the US for the first time. The workshop is a highly-subsidized one-week professional development program for Judaic Studies teachers who teach grades 4-12 in North American Jewish day schools and who have been teaching for no more than four years. It will be held at The Pearstone Retreat Center, in Baltimore, Maryland on June 28 - July 5, 2013.
- Support in preparing teaching units for the coming year, using an "Understanding by Design" model
- Torah lishma
- Workshops on applying the best of pedagogy to the Judaic studies classroom
- Use of protocol to address critical issues teachers experience
- Seminars helping prepare more experienced teachers to become teacher leaders
- Modeling of informal programming and other classroom techniques
- Reflection on the past year
- Sharing sessions
- One-on-one mentoring with a veteran teacher/administrator
- Separate tracks for upper elementary, middle and high school
For more information see the Pardes website.