Source: Darim Online Social Media Boot Camp
For the past two years, Darim Online has produced the Jewish Day School Social Media Academy to help schools advance their work in the connected age. Through the Academy, schools learn about new tools and strategies for fund development, recruitment and alumni engagement in the social media age, and then put their new skills to work, and mature their internal operations. Schools that are accepted into the Academy participate in an intensive year of training, coaching and project-based learning, and are encouraged to share their learning and accomplishments with the field. The 2013-14 Jewish Day School Social Media Academy will run from October 2013 through June 2014.
Components of the Academy include:
- Webinar series to build skills and explore social media and network strategies;
- Three “action oriented” projects: Social media experiment, social fundraising experiment, and developing (or updating) a social media policy;
- One-on-one coaching and consulting to support each school team in its project work and organizational progress in this area;
- Knowledge sharing and peer support through “Sharefest” webinars, blog posts, and a facilitated Facebook Group;
- Up to $10,000 matching funds for the social fundraising experiment. These Funds are distributed at the end of the Academy for schools that complete all Academy requirements.
Darim is currently accepting applications for 2013-14 Academy. The cohort will be approximately 20 schools that represent a diverse cross-section of the day school field. Qualified schools will have interest in social media and network building, be willing and able to dedicate 5-10 hours/month to the Academy, and be willing to take risks and try new things. There is no minimal level of social media experience required to participate in the Academy, but those with at least a basic presence on Facebook and/or other social media channels will have the most to gain. Darim welcomes schools of all denominations, sizes and grade levels.
Get more information and registration details at Darim Online.