Source: Journal of Youth Engagement
The Union for Reform Judaism has launched the first issue of the Journal of Youth Engagement as part of their Campaign for Youth Engagement. The Journal of Youth Engagement is a forum of ideas and dialogue for those committed to engaging youth in vibrant Jewish life and living.
The journal aims to become the address for serious conversations about youth work, as other youth workers, camp professionals, parents, educators, rabbis and others feel empowered to share their stories. It is to provide a forum for sharing best principles and discussing the latest data research in the field.
The articles in the first issue are:
- Why I Waste So Much Time Blogging About Youth Engagement
Rabbi Paul Kipnes
- The High Holidays are Coming: Don't Arrive with Empty Pockets
- Case Study: Teen Leadership Program at Temple Isaiah (Lexington, MA)
Emily Messinger & Alicia McGee
- Toronto Reform Congregations Launch Community Chai School for Post-B'nai Mitzvah Students
- Learning to Love? Exploring Our Role in Israel Engagement
Rabbi Mara Young