Source: Israel on Campus Coalition
Nearly 100 campus professionals from across the United States are gathering this month for the launch of Israel on Campus Coalition’s Campus Strategy Institute (CSI), an eight-month program that provides campus professionals with the tools they need to expand support for Israel on campuses across the United States. The conferences, hosted by Israel on Campus Coalition (ICC), are happening on two campuses, one week apart: UCLA, from October 20-22, 2013 and the University of Pennsylvania, from October 27-29, 2013.
The Campus Strategy Institute programs are tailored for Hillel and Jewish Agency for Israel professionals. Those who attend one of the conferences and participate in the eight-month program will receive $1,000 that can be used toward implementing their pro-Israel vision on campus.
A number of ICC’s partner organizations will be participating in one of the two CSI conferences, including CAMERA, the American Israeli Cooperative Enterprise, StandWithUs, Jerusalem U, Hasbara Fellowships, The Israel Project, the Jewish National Fund, Project Interchange and the Anti-Defamation League.
- Provide campus professionals with crucial information regarding the current conflicts in the Middle East and the impact on campus relations
- Create a proactive group of campus Israel professionals who will create positive campus change for Israel
- Launch the 2013-2014 academic year with a proactive approach to Israel that will be sustained throughout the year
- Equip campus professionals with skills in communications, planning and relationship building
- Leverage a network of campus stakeholders including Hillel staff, Israel Fellows, faculty, students (applies to Los Angeles only) and supportive organizations.
- Inspire campus communities with a $1,000 stipend to implement a year-long vision for Israel on campus
See the CSI web page for further information.