Choosing a preschool is one of those important decisions that can feel totally overwhelming. After all, this is where your child will be spending her days for the next two or three years! But have no fear—Kveller has come up with the top 10 questions to ask any preschool. Armed with these, you’ll be able to ask the right questions and feel confident in the decision you finally make.
Before choosing a preschool, you should go on a tour to see what the place is really like. And in the end, a lot of this comes down to a personal question: will this place work for my child? Go with your gut—your instinct will serve you well.
- How long has this school been in existence? How long has the director been here?
- What kind of experience and education do the teachers have? Is there a high turnover rate?
- What does a typical day look like?
- How involved are parents? Are there regular parent-teacher conferences?
- How is Judaism incorporated into the classroom?
- What is the average class size and teacher-student ratio?
- What is the educational philosophy? How does the school approach learning?
- What is the policy for taking care of sick or injured children? At what point are parents called?
- What kind of play spaces exist (indoor and outdoor)?
- How is discipline handled?
Read more at Kveller.