Source: Taglit Fellows
Have you always wondered how to become a Taglit-Birthright Israel trip leader? We have just established our first U.S. fellowship program for American trip leaders! The program is in conjunction with The iCenter, a North American organization dedicated to Israel education, to train 200 trip leaders a year. Our next trainings are August 2014 and February 2015.
The Taglight Fellowship provides intensive professional development for experiential Jewish educators to staff Taglit-Birthright Israel trips, including:
- A fully-subsidized four-day skill-building seminar
- Workshops in experiential Israel education
- Increased knowledge about Judaism and Israel
- A peer network of elite leaders and educators
- Opportunities to staff Israel trips
The following criteria are guidelines for reviewing and accepting applicants. Applicants should be Jewish educators who have:
- Prior experience in informal Jewish education and in Israel travel as a participant and/or staff.
- A strong, well-grounded emotional attachment to Israel, the Jewish people, and Jewish life.
- Core familiarity with the general outlines of Israeli history, geography, and culture; and Jewish history, concepts, and practices.
- Professional experience (full or part-time) in Jewish educational and/or communal settings.
- Commitment to staff three Taglit-Birthright Israel trips over the three years following the completion of the training.
Applicants will be required to complete an application, submit references, and interview with program staff.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- April 1 - May 15, 2014: Applications open for first training seminar
- August 24 - 27, 2014: First training seminar
- Sept 2 - Oct 6, 2014: Applications open for second training seminar
- February 1 - 4, 2015: Second training seminar
Get more information and an application at the Taglit Fellows website.